Photo via http://ow.ly/MRSx30eJEdp
Are you looking to finish up your summer in a memorable way? If so, there are plenty of exciting things to do in NYC. My best friend and I go to the Hester Street Fair each August. We love to spend a Saturday looking at the unique items sold by vendors and tasting the delicious foods available there. We always make a beeline for our favorite coffee and doughnut bar. Yum! For this week’s post, I’ve made a list of some other events and attractions you may be interested in for some late summer fun in NYC.
The Best Ways to End Summer With a Bang in NYC
- Enjoy Some Unique Ice Cream. Visit Ample Hills Creamery to try one or more of their unique, handmade flavors, such as Chocolate Milk and Cookies, Peppermint Pattie, Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, or Cookie au Lait. They also offer classes where you can make your own ice cream from scratch!
- Take a Tour of the Hudson. Take a two-hour cruise to see Manhattan from a completely different perspective. Manhattan by Sail gives you the opportunity to tour the Hudson River on a sailboat along with 130 other passengers. Refresh yourself with something from the fully stocked bar while enjoying the cool sea breezes.
- Catch a Concert. SummerStage has a long list of productions happening that are perfect for topping off a lovely summer. Check out the packed schedule that includes dance parties and concerts featuring talented performers. Some of the events are free to attend.
- Catch a Game at Yankee Stadium. No summer is complete without heading to Yankee Stadium to cheer on your favorite players. Peruse the Yankees schedule and you’ll find plenty of home games left in August. For even more fun, buy tickets to a game featuring a fun giveaway like a hat or toy.
- Let’s Go to the Fair! On September 23rd and 24th, check out the Queens County Fair. This is the perfect choice if you have young children. There are games, livestock, carnival rides, pig races, hayrides, and plenty of food to go around. Spend a day on the Queens County Farm and have a little fair fun!
- Catch Some Rays at the Beach. Orchard Beach in the Bronx is the perfect place if you want to sunbathe or splash around in the cool water. Enjoy refreshments at the snack bar, buy a souvenir or two, and be sure to take a relaxing walk on the hexagonal boardwalk to take in the beauty of a late summer’s day.
- An Outdoor Art Exhibit. Looking for something to do on Labor Day weekend? Browse the Washington Square Outdoor Art Exhibit. It runs from September 2nd through the 4th as well as the 9th and 10th. Browse the creative work of 120 artists set up on the sidewalks around University Place.
I hope you are enjoying all that the month of August has to offer!