Today's Sale! Save BIG with *FREE DELIVERY - Use Code: FREEDEL20
Today's Sale! Save BIG with *Free Delivery - Use Code: FREEDEL20
8 Vegetarian Dishes Straight From The Garden
https://flic.kr/p/5oytfx Photo by woodleywonderworks (Flickr)
October is Vegetarian Awareness Month! It starts with World Vegetarian Day on Oct. 1 and ends with World Vegan Day on Nov. 1. Becoming a vegetarian, or simply adding more vegetables and fruits to your daily diet, can benefit your health. If you maintain a backyard garden, then you already have the ingredients necessary for countless vegetarian recipes. Check out these eight examples to get you started as we celebrate Vegetarian Awareness month!
Eight Vegetarian Dishes Straight From the Garden
- Caprese Salsa Zucchini With Sea Salt: This lively recipe includes tomatoes, zucchini, basil, garlic, black pepper, sea salt, olive oil, and mozzarella cheese. This is an easy recipe to prepare in about ten minutes. It can be a tasty side dish for a meal or a healthy snack.
- Charred Corn Salad With Basil Vinaigrette: The ingredients in this dish include corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion, basil, garlic, black pepper, olive oil, salt, canola oil, and cider vinegar. Preparation takes about 40 minutes, but it's a very easy recipe that is sure to get you lots of compliments.
- Spicy Hoisin-Glazed Eggplant: This delicious recipe combines eggplant, ginger, canola oil, garlic, red chili flakes, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, black pepper, cilantro, and hoisin sauce. I made this dish during a late summer cookout. It was easy and only took 25 minutes to make. My guests enjoyed the strong fragrance of the hoisin as the sliced eggplant crackled on the grill.
- Grilled Green Beans and Peaches: Have you ever heard of mixing green beans and peaches together? Well, if not, you should give this dish a try. Along with peaches and green beans, it includes olive oil, black pepper, sliced almonds and Sherry vinegar. This dish is simple to prepare and takes ten minutes tops.
- Sautéed Squash and Zucchini: Yellow squash, zucchini, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and hot oil play a part in this dish. This light recipe takes about ten minutes to prepare and is very easy to make.
- Tiger Salad: Are you craving a healthy green salad with a twist? Rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, a serrano chile, cilantro, green pepper, cucumbers, scallions, salt, and pepper are all part of this popular salad. A simple salad with elements of spiciness, it's easy to make, taking about ten minutes from start to finish.
- Zucchini Carrot Salad With Catalina Dressing: Zucchini, carrots, a shallot, garlic, Catalina salad dressing, salt, pepper, honey, parsley, yellow squash, olive oil, white wine vinegar, and lemon juice are the ingredients for this refreshing salad. Though there are a lot of ingredients, it is quick and easy to prepare.
- Heirloom Tomato Fresh Summer Salad With Lady Pea Salsa: Heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, sweet corn, basil, nectarines, jalapeno peppers, sugar, orange zest, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, ginger, lady peas, and cilantro are the ingredients you need for this dish. This sweet recipe takes about ten minutes of prep time and is simple to put together.
I hope you've found inspiration from these recipe suggestions. Try to make a few of these colorful, tasty recipes with items from your own garden and celebrate Vegetarian Awareness Month with your friends!
Written By Ava Rose.
If you're shopping for a florist sale "near me" to order and send same day flowers today, take a look at our online flower store delivery service and discover that it is the best and cheapest option.